Saturday, May 24, 2008

Holy Land Experience!

Hi Y'all!

As promised here are the pictures from the Holy Land Experience.






This gentleman told us that the outdoor model pictured above was about 1/3 actual size! Wow!


These next few pictures are of their indoor model which is of the whole city! It was big! This is the largest indoor model of Jerusalem in the world!










Throughout the day there was a Passion play that happened in stages...

Barabbas




The centurion with his sick servant...


Jesus about to heal the centurion's servant while not even seeing him!


This man could blow too of them! I cannot even do one for very long!


This is a copy of a "dead sea scroll". They hope to have an exhibit of copies some day... I would put in some pictures of my favorite it stop the scriptorium...But they did not allow any pictures :( They has some neat Greek and other copies of the bible from the past 2000 years!


They had a free rock wall!!! I loved it! Here are some pic! Joshua, Stephen and I made it to the top!







I had to put this one in! This guy looks like me means business!

Until later,
Andrew

5 comments:

Walter said...

Great pictures! We've been at the Holy Land Experience twice before - awesome place! (Almost wants to make me break into song...) :)

Did you see the scripturium? That was really cool. And did your guide do the "mac attack" joke? [grins]

Valiant for Truth said...

You have been blessed to go! I want to go again!! Yes we were at the scripturium... I could not take any pictures...I loved it! It was actually my favorite thing! No we did not hear the "mac attack" joke... What is it?

Walter said...

Yes, we were blessed!

I don't remember the details of the joke... But the guide was talking about the Maccabees (the hammer), and called one of their battles the first "mac attack"!

(What made it so funny is that we heard that same joke both times we visited the place!) :)

Miss Joy said...

Hey sorry i havent posted in a while but anyway... Great pics looks like a fun learning experience!

Anonymous said...

could I possibly use your images for a project please? They are high quality so that's nice.

Thank you,
Skylar Hartman